An Interview with
LTT Global Communications Sdn Bhd
Co-Founder & COO
16 October 2019
Tell us about your background, and how you came to found your company?
I used to be law lecturer and resigned in 2000 to spend more time with my children. I formed LTT Global Communications from my dining table with a vision to make learning accessible and affordable for all. Together with my husband and business partner Wemel Cumavoo, we are global pioneers in mobile learning and learning experience portals, and have been instrumental in the development and implementation of numerous projects since 2004, to encourage and support the growth of the mobile learning ecosystem.
My 35 years+, experience from Administrative, Finance, HR, PR and Advertising to Business Development and teaching Law all of which came in helpful when started my own business.
A dedicated and passionate individual my vision is to impact lives through innovative learning technologies and co-founded MyMobileUniversity in 2013. A global initiative to impact lives through and I also support NGOs’ in Africa, India, Nepal, Egypt and Malaysia to empower Women, Youth, People with Special Needs and Refugees to improve their livelihood and give a positive impact to their workplace, social, and community circles by making learning accessible to everyone.
What is most important to you and your organization – mission, vision, or core values? Why?
Our Vision and Mission statements are our Business Compass which charts the direction the company navigates as per our aspirations when we formed the company.
For us the more important one is CORE VALUES if compared among Mission, Vision, or Core Values.
Our Core Values is our company's moral compass. It sets how business is done, it sets standards that employees need to comply to bring the company to greater heights, it empowers staff to communicate effectively with customers or other stakeholders, it also shows our commitment social responsibilities that the company undertakes to make the world a better place jointly with employees participation.
Our core values over the years has won us many awards.
It also got us to be in line with the:
• United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal #4, promoting quality learning content, inclusive learning opportunities and to encourage lifelong learning.
• The council of the European Union’s key competences for lifelong learning
• Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF) Blueprint 2018-2025 which encourages people to up-skill, re-skill or multi-skill. Which also entitles* your organisation to HRDF refunds for taking up the use of our products.
Our recognitions also includes :
• Recognition from The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the ASEAN Business Advisory Council for being a Responsible and Inclusive Business and having a proven Capacity Building Support Platform. We were 1 among 15 companies selected within the ASEAN region.
• LTT Global was invited to attend the Partnership Exchange 2017 Conference, with the theme: "Eracdicating Poverty and Promoting Prosperity in a Changing World"at the United Nations Headquarters, New York.
Can you explain briefly how your service(s)/product(s) works?
We curate quality learning sites and make it possible for a person to learn new things, up-skill, reskill or multiskill, at their own pace anywhere, anytime.
We charge a nominal annual subscription of USD90 per person to cover our overheads and for the work we do to source, validate and curate the contents.
We also use part of the subscription to empower to empower poor communities, people with special needs and disadvantaged groups to also future-proof themselves and be job ready.
Our tagline is EMPOWER YOURSELF, EMPOWER ANOTHER!
To access go to :
Once a person pays the annual subscription they get to access the portal which offers :
- thousands (1,000s) of online courses and videos;
- millions (1,000,000s) of e-books, audio books and journals.
Here are some guidelines once you have logged in :
1. You will be in the Member Profile page, here you may update profile, photo and change the password.
2. Click on the Start Learning tab above on the right hand side, and you will be taken to the Learning Page.
3. On the left hand side you will see a list of the different channels available covering quality learning content like online courses, videos, e-books, audio books, podcasts, journals, etc.
4. Click on the channel you like to explore.
5. Learn something new everyday.
We cover academic, professional development, soft skills and lifestyle contents. Our aim is to provide a good learning experience for our users.
How has the industry been changing in recent years?
Over the last 15 years LTT Global, a global pioneer in mobile learning has been participating, understanding, tracking, creating awareness through its various initiatives, since 2004, to encourage and support the growth of the mobile ecosystem.
When we started in 2003, there was no extensive infrastructure in place, phones were not user friendly and people were not ready to learn on mobile devices...they would rather pay for ringtones, wallpapers and games but not for education.
We started by teaching English Language over the Black and White Nokia phone using the SMS platform.
As we were too early in the marker, we started The Asia Pacific International Mobile Learning Advisory Panel in 2007 to lead and support all countries in the Asia Pacific region in the efforts to develop and promote mobile learning infrastructure, applications, devices and content plus to encourage and support the growth of the mobile ecosystem.
Our 2 signature events are :
- Asia Pacific Mobile Learning & Edutainment Conference
- GoMobile, the Ultimate Mobile Lifestyle Event
The infrastructure globally has improved greatly, phones are user friendly and people actually ask what can I learn on the phone!
What makes you different from what’s currently available in the market?
What makes us different ...we are one of a kind portal that is holistic and caters to different learning styles at the same time.
As educationalists who believe in leveraging technology, we find ways to make quality learning accessible and affordable for our clients.
We deliver customised learning experience portals to meet our clients learning needs.
What does the future hold for your company?
We are very excited about the future, as we believe learning is an integral part of work today.
There are many dynamics that are rapidly changing our world and lives today.
At LTT Global, our role is to help companies understand this change and prepare for the future integrating emerging technologies that will add context, relevance and personalization with the right learning contents to give the user a better learning experience.