An Interview with
Bridges Global Company Limited
17 October 2019
Tell us about your background, and how you came to found your company?
Bridges Global Company Limited is under the award-winning eCommerce Services Group which is incorporated in Hong Kong, and operational team based in Shenzhen and Shunde, Guangdong Province, China. We originated as a brand owner and honoured as“Top Ten Entrepreneur”by Alibaba.
Under the rapid and complicated e-commerce market in China and SEA, it is difficult for overseas brands to enter China market. Even though they have enough resources to expand the business to China market, they do not have a full picture of e-commerce market in China. Why Bridges Global has been found is to act as professional e-commerce consultancy which provides full-service of brand development and E-commerce operation, such as marketing strategies, store operation, members management, design & copywriting, customer services and logistics arrangement and so on.
What is most important to you and your organization – mission, vision, or core values? Why?
Mission: increase brand popularity in public
Vision: become the best E-commerce partner
Value: Play For Win!
Can you explain briefly how your service(s)/product(s) works?
Bridges Global provides eCommerce Assessment, Stores Setup, Store Operation for contractual period, Social Media Marketing, Localized visual design, and referal of professional bodies. Overseas brands can gain more understanding of Chinese market, establish localized marketing strategies, enjoy sales growth, and access to different stakeholders in Chinese market, such as logistics and technology experts.
How has the industry been changing in recent years?
1. Due to the globalisation, more overseas brands alter their corporate market strategy and position Asia as their focal market in the next decades. Therefore, more brand owners take immediate action to enter China market, especially via the cross-border B2C eCommerce approach.
2. Although the cost of traffic acquisition is increasing via online, work with an eCommerce Partner is still a more flexible and controllable option compared with the conventional distribution approach due to the high marketing, maintenance cost to find an appropriate distributor in this complex and huge market.
3. Main online channels for brands to increase their brand awareness, executive their marketing coverage & generate sales are:
- Flagship Store on Marketplaces
- KOL, KOC promotional campaign & sharing on Social Marketing Media and
- Brands official Social Commerce Account with affiliated marketing and CRM functionalities
4. As New Retail was born in China and go Global, visionary brands / retailers already integrated their online & offline channels with data and technology so as to grow the brand loyalty of their end customers around the world.
What makes you different from what’s currently available in the market?
Skills & Expertise
- Senior leadership with years of China strategy development experience and success
- Full suite of China market strategy and supply chain services
On the Ground Experience
- 25 years China market & consumer experience
- 10 years China supply chain experience
- 10 years Chinese B2B, B2C, and C2C e-commerce and social media marketing
Industry Network & Relationships
- Unique relationships in Chinese business, technology, media, State organizations including a unique relationship with Alibaba that includes advisement, content creation, and partnerships
- Unlimited access into expert pools & associations
What does the future hold for your company?
Future: SEA market
Bridges Global is going to expand e-commerce business from China market to SEA market.