An Interview with
Markus Patrick CHAN
VNHK Academy of Leadership & Management
Geared the 25 years of executive experience of Markus in banking management and education management , VNHK Academy of Leadership and Management has been establishing since 2014 . Even 5G Mobile Technology is rising heat and hot topic , it is yet it is the responsibilities for our Interim CEO programme in coaching strategic planning in operation management and cost-effectiveness not based on 5G Technology but via emphasising the use of a PDCA cycle ( PDCA means : Plan, Do, Check, Act) for planning cost-saving for 6G Technologies .
Wish VNHK Academy of Leadership & Management , acting as a bridge ... ....
1) between VN(Vietnam) and HK(Hong Kong ) , can provide coaching services for foreign companies entering into the market of Vietnam . Or can provide a hand to help Vietnam enterprises to enter into global market ;
2) between generations , can contribute my way of coaching way of gui
9 March 2020
Tell us about your background, and how you came to found your company?
Markus Patrick Chan
Having more than 25 years of managerial & directorial experience in banking & finance and educating & training , the theme of Dr Markus’s management strategies is “Vision without action is an illusion.” . Being an expert in utilizing the theories of PDCA Cycle, Dr Markus , via his “Interim CEO” programme, has been being successfully transforming the “books” of 5 Fintech/Crypto companies from “red” ( Net Loss ) into “blue” ( Net Profit) since 2014 .
The “recta ratio agibilium” in education management is quality assurance and consequently , Dr Markus has been being a founding member for Vietnam Elite CEO Club and has been invited by Vietnam’s Da Nang Block Chain Association as her Honorary Head of International Affairs & faculty-members for varies universities in Vietnam. At the same time, Dr Markus being enjoyed as a public speaker, has been being invited as the Guest Speaker for the varies public event, such as celebrating the “Bitcoin 10th Anniversary” , Asia Digital Asset Convention, Asia Family Office Forum, Singapore EGN … … etc ,
What is most important to you and your organization – mission, vision, or core values? Why?
Theme of Markus’ practical operation management strategies is to be : “Vision without action is an illusion”. Experienced in Crypto-Branding development in Hong Kong and Marketing in Vietnam , Dr Markus manages to generate “consumer-based-community-channel – marketing” .Via emphasising the use of a PDCA cycle ( PDCA means : Plan, Do, Check, Act) , our Interim CEO porgramme is wished to be transforming the major of our clients' KPI from Red into Blue
My Experience – rescue the books of blockchain companies / crypto-companies :
In the years of 2015-2017 , many teens with Hi-Tech Knowledge obtained a lot of investors’ supports & sponsors investing into their hi-tech projects , assuming all the teens being at the good-will , but due to the nature of teens or youths , they purchased or bought all the goods & equipment at the best quality levels . Nevertheless , due to the nature of youthfulness , most of them were leak of experience in “Revenue/Income Generation” and “Expense/ Costs Control” .Many projects’ books were in RED ( Net-lost ) in 2016/17 . How could the teen-talents report to their investment managers or fund-managers ? And how can the fund-managers or investment-managers report to their investors ?Consequently , the unit-fund managers & investment managers invited me to sit into the blockchain companies helping them “turnaround the business” in 2017 and, miracle , in 2018 , some of them were able to be turning their books from RED into black or blue .
So , being the Interim CEO , I am the consultant of healing the companies’ books .
Can you explain briefly how your service(s)/product(s) works?
Interim CEO Programme 2020 Opportunities in Vietnam ; Wealth is Creating in Vietnam
After the economic boom of China (post-trade-war era), Vietnam is a country of opportunities. It has a population of over 100 million and nominal GDP of 250 billion. Over the years, the education system in Vietnam has been improving & giving Vietnam a better outlook for the better & brighter future ( detaching from China’s styled education system , but improving towards western styled ) .
After the economic boom of China (post-trade-war era), since the year of 2000, Vietnam’s economic growth has been being amongst the highest in the world. Even “selling goods & services into Vietnam” & “Investing into Vietnam” had been not too easy for foreign stakeholders , it is yet that policies and practices have been improving and easing towards “foreign stakeholders friendly”. Vietnam remains one of the world’s four remaining socialist states that officially espouse communism .
After the economic boom of China (post-trade-war era), after the era of wealth creation & growth in China , there is a possibility that some shifting from cost sensitive production might move from China to Vietnam; but towards wealth creation & growth might forsake China but crown Vietnam . As investing in Vietnam even is easing and improving towards “Foreign Investors Friendly” , it is still difficult for many. There are a lot of Foreign Investment Fund ( mostly , properties investment fund ) oriented in Vietnam but , other than Japanese and Korean , many claimed their portfolio have been underperforming against global benchmark .
After the economic boom of China (post-trade-war era), about our Interim CEO programme , Dr. Markus speaks openly , coaches courteously , consults specifically , and operates professionally to open this veil of Vietnam Market and to share know-how the possibilities / opportunities ahead .
#Vietnam , #VietnamOpportunities , #MarkusPatrick , # InterimCEO , #NewOpportunities , #Investment , #Blockchain , #China
How has the industry been changing in recent years?
Many CEOs had expressed that they would like to expand their business into the new emerging markets in South East Asia but they have no sufficient cash-flow . Therefore , I offer a programme named "Asset-Tokenization" for helping those who have Hard-Asset to arrange a debt-free funding for the CEO who may have interest business developing into the market of Vietnam .
Definition of Tokenization
While not new to the blockchain world, the tokenization of real-world assets is now attracting industry attention. Fundamentally, tokenization is the process of converting rights – or a unit of asset ownership – into a digital token on a blockchain. Tokenization can be applied to regulated financial instruments such as equities and bonds, tangible assets such as real estate, precious metals, and even to Tokenization of Copyright to works of authorship (e.g., music) intellectual property. The benefits of tokenization are particularly apparent for assets not currently traded electronically, such as works of art or exotic cars, as well as those needing increased transparency in payment and data flows to improve their liquidity and tradability.
The Benefits of Tokenization
The tokenization of physical assets brings a range of benefits to market participants:
1) Broader investor base: There is a limit to the level of fractionalization possible with real-world assets. Selling 1/20 of an apartment or a fraction of a company share is not currently practicable. However, if that asset is tokenized, this limitation is removed, and it becomes possible to buy or sell tokens representing fractions of ownership, allowing a far broader investor base to participate. A good example of how tokenization could change the dynamic of numerous assets is in the fine art market. The prohibitive prices that some artists command at auction means that only a highly restricted number of high net worth individuals that have the means to invest in this asset, with the vast majority of retail investors unable to participate. Issuing tokens that represent a fractional ownership of an artwork may fundamentally change the situation. For example, the property rights in the most valuable painting by Jean-Michel Basquiat—sold for an eyewatering $110 million by Sotheby’s in 2017—could be tokenized, affording even small retail investors the opportunity to acquire a fractional interest in the painting. Tokenization would therefore open the market to a whole new set of investors, now able to diversify their investment portfolios into asset classes previously well out of their reach.
2) Broader geographic reach: Public blockchains are inherently global in nature because they present no external barrier to the global population and investor. However, in the Institutional Market, relevant KYC (Know Your Client) and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) laws and programs must be followed, and hence the broader adoption of public blockchains has been curbed. Nonetheless, several public blockchains are now performing KYC and AML – and this evolution and trust is expanding the footprint of these digital, Tokenized assets. Importantly, permissioned blockchains are also evolving, providing an important step for the Institutional investor.
3) Reduced settlement times: Tokenization can reduce transaction times, potentially by permitting 24x7 trading, and as smart contracts triggered by predefined parameters can instantaneously complete transactions, reduce settlement times from the current durations, at best T+2, to essentially real-time transactions. This can reduce counterparty risk during the transaction and reduces the possibility of trade breaks.
4) Infrastructure upgrade: For many asset classes, fundraising and trading remain slow, laborious, and require an exchange of paper-based documents. By digitizing these assets on a DLT infrastructure, efficiency in these markets can be vastly improved, with effects further amplified in areas that currently have non-existent traditional infrastructure
5) Decreased cost for reconciliation in securities trading: The blockchain infrastructure provides a digital ledger for the record keeping of each shareholder position. For the issuer, this will greatly improve the efficiency of numerous administrative processes, such as profit sharing, voting rights distribution, buy-backs, and so on. Further, the existence of a secondary market will also facilitate the accounting operations of professional investors, such as net-asset-value calculations. As the market becomes more comfortable with the digital ledger as the “golden copy” of data, reconciliation may be completely obviated, as the parties will rely and accept this record.
6) Regulatory evolution: There is a slow but steady movement by regulators in developed markets to lay the foundation of regulatory frameworks for the creation and exchange of digital asset tokens. Importantly, the real-time data and immutability of data held in a digital ledger will enhance the role that regulators aim to improve – clarity and protection for investors.
7) Improved asset-liability management: Tokenization will improve the ability to manage asset-liability risk through accelerated transactions and improved transparency.
8) Increase in available collateral: By accelerating and improving the fractionalization of new asset classes, tokenization will expand the range of available and acceptable collateral beyond traditional assets. This will significantly increase the options available to market participants when selecting non-cash assets as collateral in the securities lending or repo markets. Coupled with the holistic benefits of Tokenization described above, collateral management globally may be more efficient, transparent and relevant in new asset classes.
Conclusion -- Coaching Thy Token Issuing
These benefits might look a bit complicated but with Coaching Thy Token Issuing, Dr Markus Patrick Chan will guide you through each step of the process, making IEO/STO preparation as easy as it can be. All projects will be listed in the same marketplace, therefore, Dr Markus will also take care of KYC and AML for you and help you manage all post-STO activities. Our legal partners will be able to prepare all the necessary paperwork for your campaign.
I will be very much appreciated if the appointment can be arranged .
What makes you different from what’s currently available in the market?
Other than consolidating & upraising current customers’ loyalty(ies) through differentiation of loyalty-programmes and brand-reminding activities , marketing to Generation Z ( 千禧世代) is a key new brand-awakening after the occurrence of Coronavirus happening . Wish I can contribute my way of distribution thinking for networking Generation Z’s market shares .
Exploring Business development into the market of Generation Z , what do we need to aware ?
a) Voluntary Going – Centrifugal Expansive
b) Involuntary Going – Centrifugal Expansive
c) Voluntary Coming – Centripetal Attractive
d) Involuntary Going – Centripetal Attractive
The Difference of VNHK Academy and our Interim CEO programme from others are acknowledging and occuring the 4 Principles in Forces of Trend Setting.
Exploring new business opportunities amongst new emerging markets in South East Asia is also my major capacity for being your Interim CEO .
Once the JP Morgan Asia had a report saying , “ Should you had missed the Golden Growth Opportunities from China , you can’t miss the Golden Growth Opportunities in Vietnam as your 2nd chance in Life Time”
What does the future hold for your company?
The Future holds for our "Interim CEO Programme"
An interim CEO is a Project-achieved & temporary Chief Executive Officer. An Interim CEO oversees the entire operation of a company or organization. In some organizations, the founders obtained sufficient initial-funding to start-up but requires someone to “kick-off” the operation with expected ROR ( Rate of Return ) .
The interim CEO usually puts "interim" in his or her title to signify that the job is temporary or Project-achievement-based. The CEO “serves at the pleasure of the board.” Like all CEOs, interim CEOs have four responsibilities.
1. Optimize financial performance. The interim CEO determines the company’s financial direction, goals, and results. The interim CEO works especially closely with the chief financial officer to make good capital allocation decisions and set up good financial measurement systems. The interim CEO also leads a capital-raising team that finds money for expansion or other necessary activities or leads to operate with expected rate of returns evidenced to investors .
2. Optimize overall strategy. The interim CEO sets and maintains a mission and vision for the company. This ultimately dictates the products, markets, and strategies the company adopts. The interim CEO also has a variety of direct reports (the senior management team) that he or she must hire, develop, listen to, and even fire if necessary.
3. Develop corporate culture. The interim CEO sets the cultural tone of the company. The interim CEO’s explicit and subtle messages in this vein have a large effect on whether a company is a good or bad place to work, which in turn drives the company’s ability to attract and retain good employees.
4. Be the face of the company. As such, the interim CEO is a key figure in the company’s marketing, public relations and community efforts.
Why does Interim CEO matters ?
Interim CEOs are responsible for the success or failure of an organization, particularly in crisis situations, when companies need a steady hand. In many cases, an interim CEO’s daily interaction occurs with only a handful of people, and this can make it hard for an interim CEO to see the dark underbelly of a company, especially when direct reports are reluctant to give honest feedback.
Regardless, the stakes are very high, and it takes a very strong person to do the job well.