An Interview with
- TBLI was established in 1998 by Robert Rubinstein, Chairman and Founding Partner. TBLI’s headquarters are based in The Netherlands. In 2015, Julie Muraco joined as CEO and Managing Partner and branded TBLI operations in the U.S.• TBLI is one of the most established organizations dedicated to the Sustainability & IMPACT investing sector with brand recognition on a global scale.• The Company is focused on educating, facilitating, advising and transacting global Sustainability and IMPACT business and capital solutions through three divisions:(1) TBLI ConferenceTM (2) TBLI ConsultingTM (3) TBLI FoundationTM• TBLI has conducted over 35 conference events across 4 continents, and has established nearly 500 global experts dedicated to societal issues across academic, business/finance, science, technology, and sub-industry specialty themes.• TBLI works with organizations such as, individual UNHW
9 March 2020
Tell us about your background, and how you came to found your company?
I had been working in publishing for quite a while having started first bicycle magazine in the Netherlands. The last publication was the first European management magazine on Sustainability. After that, I switched focus by creating an events and advisory company dedicated to changing the financial system towards a more values based approach. The company was originally called Brooklyn Bridge-Connections to the Future and later it would be called TBLI Group.
What is most important to you and your organization – mission, vision, or core values? Why?
Mission-Create an economy based upon well being through education and advisory of financial system
TBLI GROUP-SHAREHOLDERS FOR A BETTER WORLD
Can you explain briefly how your service(s)/product(s) works?
- ABOUT TBLI For over 20 years, the Triple Bottom Line Investing Group (TBLI) has conducted operations through a proprietary network of Sustainability, Impact, and the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) communities.
Our firm has created a vertically integrated ecosystem of “education to action” through TBLI CONFERENCE, hosting, public conferences, private events, and investor salons; TBLI CONSULTING provides corporate and capital markets advisory and OCIO services. Educational learning experiences are hosted through TBLI FOUNDATION.
ABOUT TBLI TEN
TBLI’s Expert Network (TEN) is an independent contract network of global academic, scientific, industry specific, business/finance and technology expert practitioners working with TBLI to create a global matrix of professional teams in order to execute client engagement contracts. TBLI’s 20-year experience working with dynamic regional and local market project teams allows for effective and efficient client engagement project results.
- TBLI Group Holdings is focused on educating, facilitating, transacting and advising the growth of Global Sustainability allocation and investments
- CONFERENCE & CONVENING
- Conferences conducted on four continents focused on Sustainability, ESG, and IMPACT Investment, Finance and Industry Themes from developed to emerging markets, including frontier markets
- Private Thought Leadership Forums, Think Tank Salons, and Exclusive Retreats
- TBLI Global Expert Network (TEN) of leading independent network connections for bespoke academic, science, and technology expertise and operational experience
- ADVISORY & CONSULTING
- Sustainable Corporate & Business Development
Sustainable Social Capital Strategies – Fund Formation; Portfolio Construction
- Global Permanent Capital Strategies - Public & Private Markets Expertise; Funding Business Market Intelligence & Forensic Due Diligence
Family Office OCIO
Investor Relations – Monitoring, Communications; Reporting & Compliance
- TBLI Global Expert Network (TEN) of global Sustainability & Impact finance experts dedicated to capital solutions, asset management and direct investments
How has the industry been changing in recent years?
When we started there was no industry except for a small group of practitioners. Now ESG and Impact Investing has become mainstream and continuously growing.
What makes you different from what’s currently available in the market?
We are the only fully vertically integrated ecosystem on ESG and Impact Investing. We have the worlds largest network of Impact investors and thought leaders. Finally, we are totally mission driven, and have been operating in the space longer than anyone, with a stellar reputation.
What does the future hold for your company?
Most of the financial system (asset owners and managers) are all embracing sustainable investment. Either for risk management or purpose. As externalities become part of the costs of doing business, ESG and Impact will continue to grow, giving TBLI a great advantage.