An Interview with
BeCap is a consulting firm headquartered in Hong Kong; I founded it in 2015 after moving there from Europe. Our primary mission is to help leaders and teams optimize their business results through stronger team collaboration and better organizational alignment.
Our primary focus areas include:Effective international collaboration—helping global teams perform better and work effectively across cultural differences. Post-M&A integration—supporting organizations and leaders in managing the teams and culture integration process. Leadership team alignment—partnering with senior teams to help them align around their key priorities (e.g., outcome-oriented facilitation of strategic meetings). Inclusion and diversity—implementation of diversity-related strategies and programs.Executive coaching—to help leaders grow professionally and achieve success in roles with greater responsibili
10 December 2019
Tell us about your background, and how you came to found your company?
The company leverages many elements of my professional, academic, and personal background. I was born in Israel, where I also received my BA in human resources management. Later, I moved to the US, where I completed an MA program in psychology (licensed in 1999). Following my education, I pursued various exciting opportunities that also helped me grow professionally. I worked in Japan as a trainer and explored Asia extensively before moving to Spain. In Europe, I held senior leadership development roles while working for Hewlett-Packard. In 2011, I temporarily left the corporate world to enrich myself academically and obtained a PhD in people management from ESADE Business School in Spain. After my graduation, I founded BeCap.
What is most important to you and your organization – mission, vision, or core values? Why?
The two most important elements to BeCap are:
- Making a significant contribution by helping organizations achieve better results
- Working to always put the customer first and ensure fluent collaboration while maintaining high ethical standards
These two elements drive our mission statement: helping leaders optimize their business results through stronger collaboration and organizational alignment.
BeCap’s goal is to be the most recognized consultancy for its quality services and contributions.
BeCap adheres to the following values:
- Meaningful contribution
- True partnership
- Integrity and trust
- Uncompromising quality
Can you explain briefly how your service(s)/product(s) works?
BeCap’s services are tailored to each customer’s needs and are usually classified into three levels: Organizational, Team, and Individual.
- Organizational: for example, supporting post-M&A integration by bringing two cultures together
- Team: focusing on team dynamics
- Individual: coaching for executives and senior managers
In terms of service development, we follow this five-step framework:
- Goal identification: learning about customers’ desired outcomes and where improvement is needed
- Situation analysis: exploring challenges and opportunities while achieving goals
- Program design: developing the solution/services while ensuring alignment with clients’ goals
- Feedback and improvement (if needed)
How has the industry been changing in recent years?
The industry is moving in two opposite directions.
On the one hand, many consultancies commoditize their services—they offer “off the shelf,” standard programs delivered by consultants with minimal skills. In other words, these consultancies are pursuing a volume strategy.
On the other hand, there are consultancies out there that base their strategy on having seasoned consultants—in other words, they hire people who are equipped with the skills and knowledge to support organizations in more complex situations and customize the service. These companies focus on elevated, quality service. BeCap services take this approach.
What makes you different from what’s currently available in the market?
Our unique selling proposition is based on three main attributes:
- Well-rounded expertise, including years of hands-on international experience from holding senior roles in large corporations; a strong academic foundation; and robust professional competencies.
- Elevated partnership: We do not merely deliver a service. Instead, we fully commit to making a difference in the businesses we serve. Our pragmatic, business-oriented approach starts from the first conversation and continues through to successful delivery. We partner closely with our clients to ensure we add business value at every step of the consultancy process.
- The experience and proven success we bring from partnering with and delivering services to excellent organizations such as Marriott, Nike, Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, Cathay Pacific, ExxonMobil, UBS, PCCW, Shangri-La, Roche, and more.
What does the future hold for your company?
Business leaders today are facing a challenging environment. They operate in an accelerated, globally competitive market that is constantly evolving. Our services help leaders and teams optimize their business results within these challenging conditions. We coach leaders to become more successful when operating across cultures. We facilitate strategic meetings to help executive teams achieve alignment and sustainable business agreements. There is also a growing demand for our expertise in diversity management due to demographic changes and evolving consumer expectations.
I have no doubt BeCap has an important role to play in this dynamic reality.